Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday Morning with Ned Lamont


THIS WEEK (ABC) Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice ; Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman (D-Conn.); Connecticut Senate candidate Ned Lamont ; Nora Ephron , screenwriter. Crooks and Liars has the link to "Hypothetical Condi"

MEET THE PRESS (NBC) Rice ; Lieberman supporter Lanny Davis ; Lamont supporter Jim Dean

Yesterday, I met many volunteers from Democracy for America. This group came down from Vermont to help with the final push til Tuesday. They were so kind and really peaceful people. They were all going to be housed at Jim Dean's house in Connecticut.

This campaign is really people powered, it gives me hope. I spoke to a lot of Connecticut voters yesterday, here are some things they had to say:

This country has gone in the wrong direction.
There really is no solution with the corruption of politics.
The boys need to come home NOW.
Americans don't understand what terrorism is.
They need to wake up and educate themselves.

One person actually said that she thanked God that Bush was our president, she said with all the turmoil in the world, she felt safe with him as President.

I did not even go there with her, rather I thanked her for her time and said I hoped she will support Ned Lamont.



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy