Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Kirsten Gillibrand - Democrat for NY's 20th District



In her own words:

"I can’t recall a time when there has been more distress about the direction our country is moving in – or more dissatisfaction with the leadership that is taking us there. There is an urgent need for change, and as an attorney with Federal experience and a wife and mother with deep roots in the region, I know I can provide better leadership.

Over the last year I’ve been listening to people across a region my family has called home for over five generations. The issues that concern my family are the same ones that our neighbors talk about every day. My cousins, uncles, aunts and family are teachers, policemen, small business owners, healthcare workers, local government workers, insurance agents, secretaries, lawyers, students and National Guardsmen. We fish and hunt, spend time at Lake George, go to church, and get together for holidays and birthdays.

We worry about how to pay growing local tax demands when gas and oil are busting our budgets. We worry about not having health insurance or being able to afford retirement. We worry that nothing is being done to stop American production lines closing and our children leaving home to find opportunity far away. Most of all, we worry about how our young men and women are doing in Iraq and what we can do to help them. All of this when our representative does not seem to be listening and continues to support big Government waste and special interests, while demanding ever more from the pockets of the hard-working people of this district.

It doesn’t have to be this way. I have worked as an attorney for 14 years, including serving as Special Counsel at the Department of Housing and Urban Development -- solving complex problems, drafting legislation, working with Congress, and negotiating at the highest levels. I have been involved in local politics since I was 10 years old when I passed out flyers and stuffed envelopes for our favorite local candidates with my grandmother, who founded the area’s first women’s democratic club. I know the importance of standing up for what we believe in and serving the public good. That’s something you can count on from me – it’s part of my family’s values and the values of this community.

But to bring real change, I need your help. Please join our team and work with me to bring integrity and accountability to Washington and give our country a fresh start. This is a race that we can and must win. I will bring all my strength and commitment to bear, and together we will do great things for our country."


This race has turned into a real fight. John Sweeney is the freshman PAC's honorary chairman, has brought a lot of pork to the area and he has a strong Republican following.

Please visit Gillibrand 2006 to learn more about what she stands for. This is a very important race and Gillibrand is behind in the polls. Let's see what we can do to help.



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy