Sunday, June 18, 2006

We at Night Bird's Fountain, would like to wish all the fathers on this earth a good day. May you have relaxation, good wine or beer and a nice dinner with your family. That is what we are doing on this extremely warm day.

I miss my father very much. He lost his battle of cancer 12 years ago but I know it would have made his day to see a remarkable man speak this morning on Meet the Press, and no I am not talking about Tim Russert. I am speaking of Rep. John Murtha. Murtha is my hero. He is a true Patriot.

Murtha said regarding Karl Rove's remarks last week:

He’s in New Hampshire. He’s making a political speech. He’s sitting in his air-conditioned office on his big, fat backside, saying stay the course. That’s not a plan. … We’ve got to change direction. You can’t sit there in the air-conditioned office and tell troops carrying 70 pounds on their backs, inside these armored vessels hit with IEDs every day, seeing their friends blown up, their buddies blown up — and he says stay the course? Easy to say that from Washington, DC.

Think Progress has the video.



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy