Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ahmadinejad’s letter to Bush

When I came home from work yesterday, I was not feeling well, so I did not have the strength to follow much about the letter from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. I was rather annoyed today that Wapo has just put up excerpts of the letter. However, CNN has the letter from Ahmadinejad to President Bush. It is worth reading, in my opinion. But what caught my attention was on Page 4 & 5:

All governments of the world have a duty to provide security and peace of mind for their citizens. For some years now, the people of your country and neighbor of the world trouble spots do not have peace of mind. After 9/11, instead of healing and tending to emotional wounds of the survivors and the American People - who had been immensely tramautized by the attacks - some Western media only intensified the climates of fear and insecurity - some constantly talked about new terror attacks and kept the people in fear. Is that service to the American People? Is it possible to calculate the damage incurred from fear and insecurity?

In countries around the world, citizens provide for the expenses of governments so that their governments in turn are able to serve them.

The question here is "what has the hundreds of billions of dollars, spent every year to pay for the Iraqi campaign. produced for the citizens?"
I think that I am going to have to disagree with Condi when she states:
"I think what it's time for is for Iran to recognize that the international community is on one side of this divide and that Iran is on the other side of the divide."



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy