Tuesday, April 11, 2006

OK, is the whole country on the brown acid or what? I had no idea Wavey Gravey saved so many tabs!

...from Salon:

Bush Says He Declassified Pre-War Intel

By DEB RIECHMANN, Associated Press Writer

April 10,2006 WASHINGTON -- President Bush said Monday that he declassified sensitive prewar intelligence on Iraq back in 2003 to counter critics who claimed the administration had exaggerated the nuclear threat posed by Saddam Hussein.

"I wanted people to see the truth and thought it made sense for people to see the truth," Bush said during an appearance at Johns Hopkins University's Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies.

"You're not supposed to talk about classified information, and so I declassified the document," he said in a question-and-answer session after delivering a speech on Iraq. "I thought it was important for people to get a better sense for why I was saying what I was saying in my speeches. And I felt I could do so without jeopardizing ongoing intelligence matters, and so I did."

If I may belabor the obvious there are few things wrong with this Weekly Reader picture:

1. Bushco HAD exaggerated (in fact invented) the nuclear threat so this seems like a weird time to splain the trutherforness of it all...

2. The truth was that they HAD cherry picked intelligence that had been refuted by almost all credible sources...

3. So now one person on their own can decide what should be classified and what shouldn't....? One very stupid, arrogant "I am talking to God", mind you person...and so why even have a system of classification....just see how the Presidunce feels each day when he wakes up...

4. I believe His Dumbelness is leaving out the part about disclosing the identity of a covert agent...now the spin is that he wasn't involved in that part of Fiasco #3,987 but it strains credibility a bit to see how the Plame matter is not directly part of this whole fandango.

So they let the Idiot in Chief splain himself and he, of course, came across as an idiot.

- Posted for Gregg -



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy