Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bobby - The Movie

Last night I had the opportunity to see "Bobby." I recommend seeing this movie. The story evolves around the lives of people during that period of time that worked on the California Primary Campaign, worked in the Ambassador Hotel or came to stay at the Hotel.

The movie has live footage of speeches that Robert F. Kennedy made while campaigning for the presidency. One speech struck me as simply timeless:

"I do not run for the Presidency merely to oppose any man but to propose new policies. I run because I am convinced that this country is on a perilous course and because I have such strong feelings about what must be done, and I feel that I'm obliged to do all I can."
While it was not stated in the movie an important point needs to made insomuch as the business community condemned Bobby Kennedy as immature and irresponsible. Business, it was said, was disquieted "by the reputation for radicalism that he has developed."

The picture above is quite famous. A Mexican kitchen worker held the head of Bobby Kennedy until help came. Times were tough back then as they still are today for the Latino Population.

There is footage of the Vietnam War also and I walked away after seeing this movie realizing that times are not that very different, even though this took place 38 years ago.



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy