Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Bill Clinton on Ellen Show

Didja see it? It was fabulous. He was on for three segments. One aspect of it just blew me away and gave me the chills! I'll try to briefly describe.

Ellen is taping in NYC this week. She posted a sign on a neighboring building that said, "Ellen wants to meet her neighbors. Call xxx-xxx-xxxx." Well, one woman (that I know of) called. Ellen called her back while on the air. The woman freaked out. Clearly, she did not know that "Ellen" was Ellen Degeneres. It was funny.

Anyway, the woman walked out onto her balcony of the neighboring high-rise. They shot her pretty clearly. She said she was a mom of a 2.5 year old and a 2 month old. Ellen invited her over to the show, and she accepted.

The show continues on. Bill Clinton is the first guest (oh, he still gives me goosebumps!). The next segment begins, and the new mom arrives with baby in pram. She walks right across the stage. Clinton shakes her hand (I am dying here!). The woman embraces Ellen.

Bill is looking at the baby in the pram. The camera closes up to that shot of the baby. Next thing you know, Bill lowers the baby blanket and picks the baby up! He's holding him and talking to him. Mom seems to be freaking out, but she holds it together. I would have said, "Excuse me. I'll be back in two minutes." Then I'd run LIKE HELL to get a camera and shoot a picture of President Clinton holding my son! Oh, I was all shivery over this scenario. I cannot even imagine! (Mind you if Dubya tried to lay one FILTY hand on my offspring, I'd knee him in the crotch!).

The lady took her baby in the pram to a seat in the front row. Bill and Ellen sat down, and he said that was a beautiful baby. It was priceless!

All of that as a result of a seemingly random phone call by a stay-at-home mom trying to be a good neighbor. That's what I'm talkin' about!



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy