Friday, July 14, 2006

Winds of Change


I have to admit to everyone that just a couple of months ago I was just about ready to leave the Democratic Party. For almost 3 years I have been working to return Democracy to this country. On the grassroots level. I am not going to toot my horn stating all that I did. But somewhere along the way I was becoming disappointed with the Democratic Leadership. I would read the resolutions and then see the voting records of our Senators and Congress, and I would just shake my head in disbelief.

But it was a man who announced that he was running in our Congressional District who inspired me to continue. His name is John Hall. I have written about many of the events he has done to raise money and promote voter awareness.

I was asked to work for John Hall's Campaign. I thought about it for a day and decided I am not going to stop fighting for Democracy just because of the political machine, winging around its power.

The Campaign manager is an amazing woman, with such energy. But also, it is the people that work with her that touched me, and they range in age from 18 to 87, and each one in their own way, brings something so special to the campaign. Oh, don't get me wrong, there are times of stress and impatience, but these people are driven because they know what is needed in November.

Next week is going to be even more exciting, because I get to meet some pretty high powered people. I guess what I am trying to say is that I hope that the Winds of Change are going to blow through the Senate and House this Fall.



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy