Sunday, June 04, 2006

LIVES IN THE BALANCE

I've been waiting for something to happen
For a week or a month or a year
With the blood in the ink of the headlines
And the sound of the crowd in my ear
You might ask what it takes to remember
When you know that you've seen it before
Where a government lies to a people
And a country is drifting to war.



I was walking with my brother
And he wondered what's on my mind

I said what I believe in my soul
Ain't what I see with my eyes
And we can't turn our backs this time
I am a patriot
And I love my county
Because my country is all I know
And the river opens for the righteous




I had the pleasure of attending a Music Fundraiser for John Hall. Jackson Browne played these songs and John sang along at times. The words were written many years ago, but they seem to represent our present times. There are so many lives in the balance, but I am encouraged that John Hall is running for Congress. Jackson Browne sang a song titled "I Am A Patriot."

Dissent is Patriotic!




All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy