Sunday, March 25, 2007

Just Say No - New York State's 21st Congressional District

I could not be more proud of my congressional representative. Michael McNulty is as solid as they come. If you concur and have an inclination to thank him, you can reach him here: mike.mcnulty@mail.house.gov.

McNULTY VOTES AGAINST IRAQ WAR FUNDING BILL
(Washington, DC):

Congressman Michael R. McNulty today voted against the supplemental appropriations bill to continue funding the War in Iraq. He issued the following statement:

"In the spring of 1970, during my first term as Town Supervisor of Green Island, I testified against the War in Vietnam at a Congressional Field Hearing in Schenectady New York.

"Several months after that testimony, my brother, HM3 William F. McNulty, a Navy Medic, was killed in Quang Nam Province. I have thought -- many times since then -- that if President Nixon had listened to the voices of reason back then, my brother Bill might still be alive.

"As a Member of Congress today, I believe that the Iraq War will eventually be recorded as one of the biggest blunders in the history of warfare. In October of 2002 I made a huge mistake in voting to give this President the authority to take military action in Iraq. I will not compound that error by voting to authorize this war's continuation.

"On the contrary, I will do all that is within my power to end this war, to bring our troops home, and to spare other families the pain that the McNulty family has endured every day since August 9th, 1970."




All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy