Thursday, November 09, 2006

The People Have Spoken!

Over this past 24 hours, I am so PROUD of where this nation has moved in the political sphere. I expected that we would win the house. Never, in my wildest dreams, did I imagine we'd take the senate! I haven't felt this hopeful about our government in six years!

Voters of all persuasions have sent a message to the dumbya administration. Y'all have f*cked up WAY TO FAR! We're not going to take it anymore! Heck, I even heard that Rushbo is pulling more BS like his whole platform over the years was a LIE! Ummm, what's the matter, Rush? You afraid you're career is in jeopardy now that you are on the losing side? Me thinks so.

Yes, I'm very disappointed that Ned Lamont lost. I mean, I did endure a plethora of abuse doing phone banking for the campaign. But, okay. Even so, I don't sense that Ned really lost. I think he made HUGE waves within the party -- not only in CT -- across the country. Just like Howard Dean, Ned said what everyone else was afraid to assert in their campaigns, "Iraq is wrong. We must get out." YAY!

(I digress, but I'm watching Jon Stewart interview Howard Dean on the Daily Show. Howard is ABSOLUTELY BEAMING! What a beautiful thing!).

I see so much promise in our futures. I am so PROUD that Nancy Pelosi will be our Speaker. The good ol' boy network will be infiltrated by a very smart, female democrat. No doubt, it will kill Dick Cheney to have to be by the side of Pelosi for presidential speeches. That, in itself, will be priceless!

And because we gained the senate, I have to say that I predict that PEOPLE WILL BEGIN TO TALK. Media spin is going to change (aka Rush's claims today). The TRUTH will come out. It may take time, but it will happen. It will take time, but it will happen.

I feel like I'm Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz when she is skipping down the yellow brick road with scarecrow, tinman, and the lion. This time, it isn't the wonderful things that the wizard does. It is because of the wonderful things our democratic majority will do to restore some sanity in this asylum erected by Bushco.



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy