Tuesday, March 21, 2006


The image “http://www.tipos.com.br/media/962/20040924-bush.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

"I didn't want war. To assume I wanted war is just flat wrong ... with all due respect."
These were the words the President of the United States muttered in between his laughing and giggling today at his news conference.

I find it highly insulting but not surprising that Bush is asking for respect. The majority of Americans have lost complete confidence in the man. So we now have a president asking for some respect. HA!

I have read the post by Georgia10 over Daily Kos. She is ashamed. I stand next to her and agree with all that she has written:

I am ashamed. I am ashamed of this President. Aren't you? After watching his press conference today, a sense of shame overtook me. I'm ashamed that he took to the podium today as if he emptied out a container of laughing gas. I'm ashamed of a President who has the temerity to laugh when asked a question about war. I'm ashamed of the whores of the fourth estate who care more about having the honor of being the butt of one of the President's jokes than about exposing the truth to the American people. I'm ashamed that millions of my fellow Americans are so scared and so desperate for leadership that they believe the President's bullshit.

[...]

This is not America. I refuse to accept it. America doesn't torture. America doesn't jail people incommunicado for years. America doesn't sit idly by as an entire people are exterminated in Darfur. America doesn't stifle science. America doesn't conduct massive, secret spying on innocent citizens. America doesn't believe the individual is an annoyance, an impediment to supreme government power. This isn't the greatest democracy on earth. This isn't the nation that pioneered human rights. This isn't the America that leads the world, that leads humanity towards a greater good. No, I refuse to accept this America of shame. This is not my America. It is an America perverted by Republican stewardship. A nation that under GOP rule has abandoned its founding ideals of freedom, liberty, and justice for all. True Americans--coast to coast, young and old--now bow their heads silently in collective shame for a nation that has lost its way.

Just look at what the RNC is advertising now and tell me you are not disgusted. Shame on them.



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy