Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I refuse to pretend that racism and sexism no longer
exist...

I don't believe that "market forces" are some magical
panacea...

I don't believe cutting the military from being able to
blow up the world 10 times over down to only 8 times
over is a bad thing...

I don't believe "family" means a man ruling over a
wife and kids...

I don't believe that money magically trickles down
from the rich...

I don't believe giving a mother food stamps to feed
her kids is a waste of money, while buying the air
force a billion dollar bomber it doesn't want isn't...

I don't believe cutting the taxes of the rich helps the
poor...

I don't believe Rush Limbaugh has "talent on loan
from God"...

I don't believe that the profit motive creates virtue
in people...

I don't believe that "might makes right"...

I don't believe the government should control women's
reproductive choices...

I don't believe that single mothers are necessarily bad
parents...

I don't believe only northern Europeans have culture...

I don't believe a union worker making $17/hr is overpaid
while a CEO making $1 million/year is not...

I refuse to ignore the long history of oppression...

I don't believe teaching children about cultural diversity
is wrong...

I don't believe the only good jobs are ones where someone
else is skimming off a profit...

I don't believe Americans are inherently superior to other
nationalities...

I don't believe homosexuals are evil...

I don't believe non-Christians are evil...

I don't believe liberals are subhuman monsters...

I don’t believe that messing up the planet is
good for living things...

I don't believe that things are black-and-white...

I don't believe their lies...

So they call me a liberal.

The more they talk...

The more being called liberal sounds like a compliment.



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy