Saturday, September 03, 2005

Hannah says She Does Not Feel Well...

Hannah is a 6 year old with Prader-Willi Syndrome. She came to visit me the other day at the school. She ran up to me and hugged me. When I asked her what song she was listening to on her walkman, she said "I will share my music with you." Hannah was happy to play with me, but when I began a conversation with her mother, Hannah said she did not feel well. I turned to her mother and asked what we could do to help. Hannah's mother said when she says "she does not feel well" what she means is that she is feeling left out or not receiving enough attention.



There are thousands of Hannah's in New Orleans right now. I believe they are not feeling well right now either. They are being neglected by their President. The Shame of the Nation explains to the Hannah's and the Howard's
on how our Federal Government responded to this disaster. Both responsible Democrats AND it should be emphasized Republicans recognize that the theme as well as the practical nature of the Bush Administration's response are shameful.

Gently rolling Father time
Is calling to him now,
And though he hears him
He looks out to sea.
Somewhere out there lie his dreams
A story with no ending
And till he finds his answers
He won't be going nowhere
-Phil Collins

I send a wave to Rising Hegemon for the sheer honesty in the way he writes.



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy