Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Truth Has a Liberal Bias

I got an email from satirist, Al Franken yesterday. He's from Minnesota and he and I are real good friends. Here's an excerpt:

Dear person on this email list,

Hi! It's Al Franken. How are you? Great.

Enough small talk. I'm writing because of a critically important moment in the life of our nation. No, not the regrettable but richly deserved wave of GOP-crippling indictments. I'm writing about my new book: The Truth (with jokes). It's coming out today. And I've given it my highest possible recommendation--five stars. (My Amazon.com reader-reviewer name is "NYbooklover38.")


Franken's first book, Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right is both funny and informative but I have to say, it also inspires rage. I could only read a couple of chapters at a time because I kept getting really pissed off.

I don't expect The Truth (with jokes) to be much different. I'm saving it for the dead of Minnesota's Winter when I need a kick in the butt to get up and do some exercise.

For all you with high band with, Al's newest book is reviewed here.

The Truth With Jokes - Truth doesn't get any better than that!



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy