Saturday, December 31, 2005


A Toast for the New Year

It is the last day of the 2005 and I do not want this year to end without me actually getting personal. I wish everyone a healthy and Happy New Year. May there be many indictments and PEACE in 2006.

I just wanted to say THANKS to so many people that have come here to visit, and a special thanks to all those who have contributed to this blog. By no means it this list going to be complete because I would have to probably write until the end of the next year. Although this year has been not the best one politically wise, I have learned so much from so many people. I have come to read so many intelligent and versed bloggers this year, something that would not have happened had I not been bugged into starting this blog. So the first person I wish to thank is Cindy Sheehan, you forced me into starting this blog. Your courage and your speaking out! So on the night of your Vigil, I started my own vigil, small and meek, but always asking for the one thing I wish for on this earth - PEACE!

Jen, you are truly a special person, without your help and dedication I would not be writing this post. Barbi, the Fountain would NEVER be what it is without you! Dors, thank you for being so patient with me about all the dynamics of blogging. Cyn, I am so glad that I got to know you and I thank you so much for all your posts. Chuck, my raving maniac, you are a pleasure to blog with and I hope your have a great Anniversary too. Eli, my mentor, you have taught me so much and I thank you for that. Mack, Bob and Amanda - as I have said to Eli, I now say to you, thank you for teaching me so much, I am so fortunate to have met you all.

But there is a blogsphere far beyond this one and I have come to know some really amazing people, Comandante, you old man ;) thanks for all your assistance and for Cairo. You scared me when you said you were leaving, but you introduced me to the new Agitprop fellow...Blogenfreude, I hope you never give up your war on O'Reilly, although you are exhausted, your sense of humor never fades.

Beautiful Idyllopus, your stories and your style of writing are something I wish to achieve in '06. Fred, at Making Conservatives Cringe, without your help I would have never been noticed by Mike at Crooks and Liars, thank you for noting this blog. FLS aka The Fat Lady Sings, one night I came upon your blog and your personal story and was touched so much by it. And lastly to Joe, the Heretik, for your posts of knowledge of the arts yet connected to current events, you have taught me much.

The Heretik tagged me with 5 Random Facts. I know, surprise, surprise, I don't actually write about myself but here goes:
  1. At the age of 5, a Kindergartener, I kissed a boy in the back of the bus. He was a kindergartner too and the bus driver caught us.
  2. Believe it or not, I can become really irate, especially when I have to deal with a company by phone. Such as MCI, when I call them, the first thing I say is "What country am I talking to?" And then when they tell me India or Manila, I demand to speak to someone in the US. Then I really get mad, telling them how dare they outsource. My daughter is amazed at how angry I can get on the phone, she is happy I am not like that in person.
  3. During snowstorms, I like to watch "Vertical Limit."
  4. With every meal, I always serve a healthy salad. I eat it too.
  5. I was a gymnast. I wore my hair like Olga Korbut too.
So since I have mentioned my five random facts, I now tag the following people: Chuck at Bushmerika, Jen at Donkey O.D., Robot Buddha at Johnny Sutra, Dell at It's Me!, Dianne at Daffodil Lane, Angie at Angie's Weird Ideas and the Bastard at Bring it On!

Fess up guys and Happy New Year!



All rights reserved.
Disclaimer And Comment Policy